The Mid Group are recruiting for a new financial controller to take over the day to day reporting requirements of the business. As a growing business, and following a number of recent contract wins, we need someone to join the team.
As a growing business, we need someone who is dynamic and who is able to work across different areas. The person will also need to work closely with our overseas colleagues, although it is not envisaged that a significant amount of overseas travel will be involved.
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Barking, London
Salary: Competitive dependent on experience and benefits
Job Role: Full Time (Part time/flexible working is possible)
• Develop and implement the Group’s accounting policies
• Develop and implement the Group’s internal control procedures.
• Provide detailed management reports to the Board
• Ownership of the monthly and quarterly closing process
• Oversight of the overseas Jordan and KSA subsidiaries finance function
• Ownership of the overseas subsidiaries monthly and quarterly reporting
• Review and control companies overhead
• Maintain the company’s strong cash position through comprehensive cash flow management and accurate forecasting
• Develop and implement head office budgets
• Preparation of the Group consolidation audited financial statements
• Ownership of the year-end audit process
• Oversight of the overseas subsidiaries year end audit process
• Manage the Group company secretarial reporting and submissions
• Preparation and submission of the corporation tax computations and returns
• Overseeing the monthly payroll and providing detailed management reports
• Preparation and submission of the VAT returns
• Preparation and submission of the CIS returns
• Maintain and reconcile the companies’ accounting ledgers
• Liaising with the Group bankers
• Providing assistance with obtaining funding and letters of credit
• ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
• Experience of IFRS
• Experience of working with multiple currencies
• Strong commercial insight
• Excellent communication and organisational skills
• Previous experience of the Construction industry would be helpful, but not a pre-requisite
• Analytical individual, able to understand and evaluate
• A dependable individual who is flexible and adaptable approach towards work, and a high sense of responsibility to drive business efficiency and growth
If this is of interest, please send an e-mail with covering letter, CV and current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mid Contracting and Consulting is the UK trading business of the Mid Group, focused on the delivery of new projects using the best in off-site construction methods and modern technology.
The Mid Group is a dynamic construction, investment and development company, dedicated to providing enhanced value for clients and partners across the UK and Middle East through innovation and professionalism.
For more information visit the Mid Group website.